Posted by: perchancetodream | September 7, 2008


Well, my elation was short-lived.

My cycle started on Friday and once more I called to make an appointment to come in to get this show on the road, only to be told that the lab person (yes, there is only one) was on vacation and wouldn’t be back until the 11th.

I left a message for the doctor who called me back at the end of the day. He said the he’d just found out about the vacation himself and that he had no idea of the dates but when I finished ranting to him about his incompetitent staff, I pointed out that if I began stimming on the 8th, I was in no way going to be ready for the IUI on the 11th anyhow.

So he told me to come in Monday morning and we’d start a cycle.

And then he called me back.  The lab person – the one who washes the sperm, is actually out from the 11th through the entire next week.  If that wasn’t bad enough, the office – which I was told would front me the meds while I waited for Aetna to send me mine – only had 3 doses of lupron (which I don’t think I’m taking) and they couldn’t give them all to me.

So yes, this cycle is toast.


I’ve looked for other doctors here but there aren’t any that take my insurance. I’m preverbally screwed.

And so this week I’ll make sure that the anti-biotics did their job.  I’ll argue with the nurse and make sure that she’s ordered my meds, to be sent to me, well in advance.  And we’ll go from there.  If next month gets screwed up, then I don’t know the next step.  I can’t afford to pay for this and no even try.

Just to make my Friday worse, Mrs. Company Owner called a meeting for 3pm.  Then 3.15.  By the time the other 2 staff people gathered, it was 3.50. We took a break when Mrs. Company Owner had to meet with someone else.  Then at 5.50pm.  On a Friday.  She called us back into the office.

I watched the clock tick.  At 6.25, I told everone I needed to leave at 6.30.  I did.  But everyone else was still there and, from what I gathered, stated until well after 7.

I don’t get it.  My last office closed at 4 on Fridays. Everyone was anxious to leave and get started on their weekend. Here….no one seems to care about leaving on time.  Except me.  My week is already 6 hours longer.  And my salary is less.  And who the heck calls meetings for 5.50 on a Friday?

All this is made more frustrating by the fact that my old boss offered me my job back.  I’d jump at it if hubby could stand moving back to the big city. If we could afford to relocate.  But neither of those will happen and my old boss won’t let me telecommute (although I’m doing a lot of my job on a freelance basis anyhow so I’m not really sure what the difference is).

I’m biting my tongue until I’ve been here a year.  If I can.  Then….we’ll see…..



  1. I would be so incredibly furious. I don’t know how you stand it. I can’t believe the level of disorganization and incompetence at that clnic!

    I’m so sorry that this transition has been so difficult for you. I have no words.

  2. Thanks A. The thing is, I’m NOT standing it…..I just can’t seem to find any alternatives……..Its almost gotten funny in a very macabre way. And when I’m really pissed, I think about just quitting the whole thing.

    Then I remember what I’d be giving up.

  3. wow, such a mess. There’s a lot of things happening around you. I can only wish for strength and wisdom for you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: